Protech Nutra is committed to superior quality and safety. We manufacture under strict adherence to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and we test all of our raw material and finished products. We have built quality into all of our processes from beginning to end, in order to ensure your products are the safest and most effective products on the market.
Protech’s Quality Control Systems Exceed Industry Standards
Protech’s comprehensive Quality Control System ensures that every product that leaves our facility has passed a rigorous gauntlet of testing based on the current federal Good Manufacturing Practices(cGMP) as set forth by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) SQF and NSF. These requirements drive our two aspects of product quality:
- Quality Assurance: Planning, implementation, assessment, and report generation that guarantees that all products manufactured by Protech fully comply with the requirements of our clients.
- Quality Control: Protech incorporates operational techniques and activities that are used to ensure that all requirements for quality have been met. At every step in the process, product quality is documented. We employ sensitive metal detectors to check for contaminants and utilize inspection tables for 100% visual inspection.
Regulatory Requirements: Protech fully complies with all manufacturing and packaging state and federal requirements. Protech is a state and federally licensed facility and is regularly inspected by the appropriate regulatory entities. In addition, we are often audited by our major clients through Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) audits to ensure that all GMP requirements are being met. These audits are regularly conducted by our clients as well as by independent auditors.
Certification: Protech is certified by NSF. An Official Compliant facility certified by NSF lets you know the company complies with strict standards and procedures imposed by NSF. From extensive product testing and material analyses to full plant inspections, every aspect of a product’s development is thoroughly evaluated before it can earn the NSF certification.
Raw Materials Quality Control: Every ingredient must have a Certificate of Analysis and is stored in quarantine upon arrival at our plant prior to use. Our in-house vendor qualification program requires all vendors to pass rigorous testing before being used in products produced at our facility.
Lab Services: Our quality assurance is backed by the full range of analytical lab services we offer through our partnership with our independent 3rd party laboratories.
Some of the Lab services include:
- HPLC & UHPLC (water soluble vitamins, caffeine, and full amino acid profile)
- Total Protein
- Near IR Spectrometer
- TLC Microbial Analysis
- Ambient and Accelerated Product Stability Testing
- Full mineral profile by ICP-AES
- Heavy metals by ICP-MS (As, Cd, Pb, and Hg)
- Total dietary fiber profile – Soluble and Insoluble
- Moisture Analysis
- Potentiometric Titration Analysis
- pH Determination
- Organoleptic Testing
- Ash Content
- Gliadin/Gluten Free Testing
- Particle Size
- Density – Bulk and Tapped
Our Certified Food Managers are an essential part of a food safety culture that keeps our customers safe from foodborne illnesses. When our customers are safe and happy, you can maximize your business potential and stand out from the competition.